📍SF / LA
💸 $100k-140k salary
📈 0.5-1% equity
Scout is a funded and unannounced startup focused on gamifying fandom. We believe you should be able to bet on the people you believe in. This starts with the most influential and engaging group of people on our planet — creators.
We are based in San Francisco with a remote-first culture. We're proud to be backed and advised by some of the best consumer and tech executives in Silicon Valley and Los Angeles.
Our first product, takeme.to, is an all-in-one link page — a way for content creators to grow their cross-platform audiences by hosting multiple links on one beautiful page.
As a full-stack Sr Software Engineer at Scout, you will build and own the development of beautiful, fast, and reliable products for content creators and fans. We use React, Node, and Typescript.
If you're a maniacal builder, fun to work with, and are passionate about the space, we would love to talk.
The less-than-standard job req things:
- You're a maniacal builder. You embody dedication and perseverance when building. You're willing to work long, hard, and smart. No choosing two out of those three. 😅
- You're fun to work with. Because if we're not having fun on this journey, what's the point?
- You stick with it through tough times. When the going gets tough, you roll up your sleeves and work harder, knowing easier roads are ahead. You don't look for the eject button.
- You have a demonstrated passion for this space. You can show a history of passion for the consumer social, gaming, and/or content creator space through your work experience, passion projects, or fandom.
- You're intellectually curious with high horsepower.
The standard job req things:
- You sweat the details and care about design. You clearly communicate tradeoffs when working with designers. You anticipate edge-cases and call them out ahead of time. You care about building high-performing and beautiful software products.
- You have experience in leadership or have a strong desire to lead. The path to being a co-founder and Head of Engineering is clear.
- You're experienced across the stack. We've built a lightweight product using React and Node. You're willing and experienced enough to own and contribute across the stack.
- You're a fast learner. You will be asked to quickly get up to speed on new technologies on-the-go. You excel in environments where you're forced to move quickly and learn new concepts.
- You're highly collaborative. You believe the best products are built with tight feedback loops with other team-members while knowing your domain is to architect features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- You're an excellent communicator. You reliably respond to Slack messages and emails. When you are unavailable, you clearly set expectations. When you run into roadblocks, you call them out immediately.
- You're passionate about the consumer social, gamification, and content creator spaces. The more passion you bring for our target audience, the more likely you are to succeed in this role.
- 99% company-paid medical, dental, and vision (currently only for US-employees)
- Two weeks minimum vacation; no maximum. Build something meaningful when you're charged up; recharge when you're not.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including examples of your past work, your LinkedIn, and a brief introduction. Strongly recommended: include a brief (2 mins or less) Loom video introducing yourself and any work you're excited to share.
Note: this is my personal inbox so we review every single application. If you do not hear back, it is not a good fit. Please understand we cannot reply to everyone.
Warm introductions are helpful but not necessary :)
Earned Secret, Inc
San Francisco, CA